Operational Intelligence consultant
Will focus on providing consulting services for our clients in the biotech and pharmaceutical industries.
This full-time Operational Intelligence consultant position will provide consulting services to the biotech and pharmaceutical industries and leverage their engineering, computer science or business administration degree. The consultant will work on project teams to assist with the implementation of manufacturing software and is expected to perform various roles in the software development life cycle, including programming, project management, software validation and unit testing. In addition, this role requires close interaction with clients and the ability to work and communicate with both team members and external stakeholders. When not at a client, the position provides the opportunity to perform development or validation activities for our OpsTrakker mobile app.
Project activities typically require a lot of personal interaction between EIS, vendors and our customers. Different projects typically require us to fill different roles, but there are three basic characteristics we're seeking: (1) very personable, (2) integrity/strong work ethic, (3) ability to quickly learn various skills. Additionally, we need people who have excellent communication skills, are great problem-solvers and can accurately analyze information to make proper decisions.
Occasional travel to customer sites is typically required. Frequency of travel varies greatly, depending on the project needs and the specific customer but likely will average 40-75%.
EIS is a successful and very well-respected consulting company based in Stillwater, MN. We are positioned in a niche market within the pharmaceutical / biotech industries. Because demands for our services are rapidly increasing, we are entering an exciting period of growth, looking to add several resources.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle and familiarity with the various phases such as gathering user requirements, developing software code and/or executing test protocol
- Bachelors degree in a relevant area such as Operations, Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration
- Previous experience working with data historians including OSI PI
- Familiarity with MES software packages such as Honeywell POMS/POMSnet, Werum PAS-X, Rockwell ProPack Data, Camstar, SAP MES or Emerson Syncade
- Expertise with DCS such as DeltaV
- Strong understanding of OPC communications and integrating shop floor computer systems
- Proficient with PLC programming
- Ability to travel to client sites when necessary
- Openness to career development and feedback to promote future job advancement
Location: Minneapolis, MN or Chicago, IL
Travel: Up to 100% based on client location