Test Lead - Product Development
EmIS, India Pvt Ltd. is a 100% owned subsidiary of EIS, Inc. a US based company that provides consulting expertise for life science manufacturing focused on Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Mobile apps, software development, automation systems, system integration and software validation.
EIS has developed a software solution called “OpsTrakker” which is a suite of mobile apps that focuses on specific use cases to provide high value manufacturing operations management functionality in a cost-effective manner.
OpsTrakker replaces paper records or spreadsheets with mobile apps and leverages real-time electronic data to improve manufacturing operations. Current solutions include electronic Equipment Use Logs, Global Equipment Status & Tracking, and Forms & Checklists.
EIS has established a Product Development group, which is responsible for building high value manufacturing operations management solutions around the emerging and transformational technologies of Mobility, Augmented and Mixed Reality, IIoT, etc. This group has a strong record of meeting high performance and quality standards while delivering complex global enterprise solutions that deliver real value. Our team possesses deep industry expertise, domain knowledge, software development lifecycle proficiency, and technology skill, gained through numerous prior successful experiences.
EmIS, India Pvt Ltd. is currently seeking a Software Test Lead to join our team in Pune, India for leading a team of functional testers of our OpsTrakker’s hybrid mobile solution stack.
We're looking for Test leads, who have been career testers, who are enthusiastic & passionate about testing software solutions, with break-the-code mindset and passion to be part of a team delivering high quality software solutions. The candidate should be comfortable seeking out and learning manufacturing domain & especially life sciences manufacturing requirements and willing to take on and drive automation testing approach in near future. The role will require a high level of responsibility yet has a support structure necessary for development growth.
What you'll do:
Duties and responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Gain complete understanding of the current functionality as well as EIS’ SDLC processes and procedures. Ensure compliance of these processes & procedures.
- Understand new functional requirements as per product development roadmap.
- Create test plan, guide team to write test scenarios, test cases and help developers with identifying scenarios for unit testing
- Create test data and upload as required on different test environments
- Track test plan and provide regular status updates on execution of test cases (hands-on execution may also be required along with lead activities) through manual and automated testing and provide feedback on weekly builds.
- Ensure product deliverables are tested on integration test environment and demonstrated prior to user acceptance testing.
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area such as Computer Science, Engineering (MCS/MCA/BE/BTech/BCA)
Must Have Skills:
- 5 - 8 years of functional testing experience on testing Web as well as mobile applications, out of which at least 2-3 years as a test lead
- Excellent people/team management skills
- Experience of testing application in Manufacturing domain preferred
- Experience in writing basic SQL queries on databases such as: MS SQL Server/ MySQL/ Oracle
- Exposure to automation testing and associated frameworks
- Experience in tools like Jira
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an eye for detail
- Expertise in the software development & testing lifecycle with proven examples of process improvement
Desirable to have Skills:
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills and the ability to analyze and articulate issues
- Experience in life sciences or other areas of manufacturing domain
Location: Pune, India